Runs With Needles: Obsession

Runs With Needles

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Obsession

For the past week I have been obsessed with making a felted bag. I haven't knit anything else. I was a woman obsessed.

Before felting:





After felting:






Open:





Closed:





The details:



What:
Felted bag to carry my sock projects :)
Yarn: Cascade Pastaza. Less than one skein each of colors 042, 059 and 079.
Needles: 10.5 for bag, 8 for i-cord
Pattern: I made it up as I went along
Lesson Learned: This much i-cord will make a girl crazy.
Destination: Me!!


I'm very happy with how this little bag turned out. It is the perfect size for carrying around my sock knitting. (Yes, I am totally obsessed with socks.)

Obviously, I didn't use the yarn I posted last weekend. That's because when I knitted a swatch, the pink yarn bled horribly. So, I picked out two new colors to go with the light green. I'll figure out how to make my pink yarn colorfast later.

5 comment(s):

As we discussed yesterday at knit group, you might want to "rinse" or soak in a vinegar-water mix, lifting the yarn out and changing water until there's no pink left.

I want to see those other yarns, your swatch was so cute!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 11, 2005 8:37 AM  

yay! Something for you. SOOO smart to swatch that yarn... It made me cringe, b/c I don't think I would have. ha ha.
mel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 11, 2005 7:16 PM  

VERY COOL BAG!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 13, 2005 1:00 AM  

Yummy! Those colors are fab...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 13, 2005 12:52 PM  

Nice bag! I love the colors and the size.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 15, 2005 5:29 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home