Runs With Needles: Stash Enhancement

Runs With Needles

Monday, July 11, 2005

Stash Enhancement

The other night I was inspired to cast on for another blanket and found this:



No cords long enough!

What's a girl to do?

I trotted my behind (and a 40% off coupon) to Michael's today and bought this:



I also hit the clearance aisle and was in heaven. At least it was heaven for this Acrylic Queen.

This yarn was $3 a skein:


And, this yarn was $1 a skein:



Yay! I am inspired!!! But, I am going to set the knitting aside this week, for I must finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (I have 300 more pages) before Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is delivered on Saturday.

I've been knitting up a storm on the Orange Sherbert blanket:



Thank you to everyone who has responded to my request for help on choosing a color combo for the Big Bad Baby Blanket. (Which I'm going to knit for Warm The World.) And if you haven't weighed in yet, please do! Melanie came up with a wonderful idea (border in white and opposing squares in blue and green), but I don't know if I'm talented enough or patient enough to pull it off.

Tonight I will leave you with this. Very cool.

3 comment(s):

I know you can do all the colors! I actually liked my idea so much I have one planned... and I don't even really like the pattern... but hopefully it will be more exciting with multiple colors ;-) How are you planning on doing it? Also... I think it's time you learn to knit AND read. I already have a huge night of knitting and reading planned for Saturday night when Amazon.com will hopefully delivery my Harry Potter and the half blood prince! WOO HOO!!!
I will end this novel now!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 12, 2005 9:02 AM  

Oh! Did you know that there is a 40" cable that you can purchase from the Denise folks? I've seen it at a few yarn stores. You can never have too many cords for those things. I love mine!!

ps - thanks for the comment on my blog. ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 14, 2005 9:55 AM  

Wow! That's some great S.E.X there!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 20, 2005 7:23 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home