Runs With Needles: Too hot to think of a fancy title

Runs With Needles

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Too hot to think of a fancy title

At the Knitters With Altitude meeting this morning, I worked on the Blanket Formerly Known As Angel Creamsicle:



MJ took one look at it and declared that the blanket had to be called Orange Sherbert. So, now it is. :)

I also worked a little bit on my Mom's shawl:



While we were stuffing our faces knitting, Anne was telling us about how much yarn she has. She has more than her neighborhood LYS (seriously!) and Anne made the bold statement that she wasn't going to buy any more yarn this year.

A couple hours later, Anne and I were in the checkout line at Joann with this:



We both bought these two skeins of yarn, not knowing what we'll do with it. But, the colors were too fabulous to pass up.

I usually buy yarn and have no idea what it will become. I let it ferment in my stash until inspiration strikes.

I'm currently inspired to make the Big Bad Baby Blanket in the Stitch 'N Bitch book . I've pretty much got my yarn picked out, but am stumped as to which combination to use. Will you, my lovely readers help me out? Here are your choices:






Do you like the green and blue on their own? Or, do you prefer the off white yarn mixed in with them? Please, drop me a comment. I've been going back and forth for almost a week and can't take the stress. :-)

Amanda and Kirsti both stopped by to compliment my mindless Blue 'n Purple scarf. Thanks, ladies!

Kirsti is a Brit living in the U.S. and I just want to take this moment to extend to her my sympathy.

It's a hot night here on the plains and I have big plans. I'm planting my butt under a ceiling fan, popping in a DVD and knitting. This is the life.

6 comment(s):

I like it with the white.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2005 12:25 AM  

Oh I definitely like it WITH the white :) Seems so clear then, wonderful colors.
I wish I could have stuffed my face with you. I really really have to do something about this ugly schedule of mine, working every saturday just really sucks. And I didn't have anybody for the dogs to stay home, so I didn't come. Wish me luck that I get the new position that I applied for, then I'd at least have SOME saturdays where I am off!!!!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2005 8:29 AM  

Definitely with the white.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2005 2:38 PM  

I like it with just the blue and green. It is so hot in the mountains today, we put on the air and watched all the Harry Potters today while I worked on Hubby's Blanket (almost done!!!).

Have a hot weekend :)!
Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2005 3:16 PM  

I think you should do the border in white (you'll need to wide the skein into two balls) and then do each of the squares in blue & green. Like the knit squares in blue and the purl squares in green. Or vise versa. You know what I mean! ;-)

Glad you're going to join me in knitting it. Will it be for warm the world? Maybe you'll keep me motivated on it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2005 3:20 PM  

wide = wind in the last comment... I can spell, I just can't type. ;-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2005 3:20 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home