Runs With Needles: Summer night

Runs With Needles

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Summer night

The unbearable heat of the day has given way to a gorgeous evening. It's pleasant (71 degrees) outside, with a light wind blowing, the moon shining brightly and a spectacular lightning show to the north. Max and I just sat outside on the deck and enjoyed the night.

Hmmmm....I just admited in public that I was sitting in the moonlight with my dog. Some would call that sad. I call it a damn fine way to spend the evening. :)

I've been a knitting maniac lately. Yesterday at the Knitters With Altitude meeting, I worked on the Crayola Blanket:



Mucho thanks to Anti-Kathy for showing me how to fix a mistake. I would link to her blog, but she doesn't have one! She definitely needs one. Anti-Kathy is funny as hell. She's currently knitting a chicken hat. Wouldn't you love to see pics of that?

I've also been working on J's baby blanket:



September is drawing closer, so I need to knit faster on this!

And now, some new projects are making their blog debuts:

The A Touch Of Red Ruffle Blanket:



I'm doing the pattern from the Purple Ruffle Blanket and using navy blue, with small, random stripes of bright red.

The Summer Somethin' Project:



If I continue to love this project, it will be a shawl for me. If not, it will become a blanket for Warm The World. This is Lion Brand Microspun yarn in the colors lime and coral. The colors didn't show up very well in the pic.

The Blue 'n Purple Scarf:



A totally mindless project. I knit a row or two on this when I'm waiting for the dogs to finish up outside, before I leave for work, etc. I really like how the two colors are mixing.

I also cast on this scarf pattern four times. But, apparantly I'm a moron (or the heat is melting the brain cells) because I messed it up every single time. It's been frogged and the yarn is now put away, so I did not hurl it out the window.

I should probably warn my blog readers that they're in for about three months of me bitching about the heat. I'm a native of The Great White North. I can't take anything above 80 or 85 degrees. Granted, I don't miss the harsh winters that I left, but I do not like that heat of a Colorado summer. It's the one thing I don't like about Colorado.

Today I set up my 'beat the heat' system:

Fan one is directed at me:



Fan two is to circulate the air:



Also, note that fan two is pointing directly at the dog beds. I am a well trained dog owner. Kishka enjoyed the fan today:



The other night it was very windy and the clouds were looking pretty cool:





And Sam was looking very photogenic:



I also took a picture of myself, waving at all of you:



:-)

6 comment(s):

LOL, the shadow picture is hilarious!
Too bad I missed you gals the other day, I really do need to change my work schedule, working saturdays sucks! that lightning show last night brought us some mega rain here in the forest! Thick, fat blobs of warm rain, rather delicious to run through :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 20, 2005 6:14 AM  

By popular demand (and not a little kvetching) I have a blog now... not much content yet, but here's the address. http://www.antikathy.blogspot.com/

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 20, 2005 10:59 AM  

Hi!

I'm a fellow knitting blogger who has stumbled upon your little net home - not sure I've introduced myself yet since I started reading your entries so just had to say hi and I ADORE the crayola blanket and all your other pictures. The doggies look so cute.

And Best of luck beating the heat - what I can't stand is the humidity we get here in NY - it's STIFLING!! (sp?)

And I'm glad that anti-kathy has commented that she has a blog...I'm very interested in that chicken hat you mentioned ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 20, 2005 6:15 PM  

I hear you, I believe we get our thermostats fixed upon birth and nothing can change them after childhood. I confess that I come from the other extreme and that the reason I love NC is because the winters are very mild! Rather than the heat, what bothers me is the humidity.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2005 7:37 PM  

Hey!!!
That crayola blanket is FLYING by! How do you like working with microspun? I thought it split horribly. Maybe it's better with your denise needles! ;-)
Mel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 22, 2005 12:05 PM  

Wow, that Crayola blanket looks wonderful! What yarn are you using for it again?

And hope that the heat system is working to keep you and the gorgeous dogs cool.

Thanks for the photos *grin*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 23, 2005 7:01 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home