Runs With Needles: Non knitting, but very important rant.

Runs With Needles

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Non knitting, but very important rant.

If you own property, please educate yourself on this.

I am infuriated by this decision. It basically allows wealthy developers to take your home so they can build what they wish.

And do you really think you'll get fair market value for your property?

Another thing that makes me angry is that when vacancies on the Supreme Court are contemplated, most people get in a tizzy about the whole abortion issue. Guess what? I don't really care about that issue. It doesn't affect my day to day life.

Legally stealing my house? That, my friend, affects my life.

I hope to have knitting content either tonight or tomorrow. With pictures, of course. (Otherwise Kirsti gets mad at me.)

4 comment(s):

I read a bit about this decision earlier today. It's horrid and ridiculous.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 23, 2005 2:06 PM  

I was further disturbed by the fact that only one justice dissented on the issue. This is going on here on the east coast in New Jersey - the plan to plow down a whole neighbourhood in Camden to make golf courses and shopping malls (for the more affluent) for the 'betterment of the location.'

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 23, 2005 8:20 PM  

It is completely ridiculous. Makes you wonder just where you could possibly still move and be yourself and be left alone...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 24, 2005 6:02 AM  

yea, i was totally taken by surprise by their decision on this!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 24, 2005 9:25 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home