Runs With Needles: Sunday. Just Sunday. Wonderful Sunday.

Runs With Needles

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sunday. Just Sunday. Wonderful Sunday.

It's a stormy Sunday and my Molly Homemaker duties are finished. What's a girl to do?






Can you believe it's been 19 years since Top Gun came out? Am I the only one that feels positively elderly? I remember seeing it for the first time with my friends on a hot summer day at the little movie theater downtown. I know it's cliché to say this, but it seems like just last week!



But, back to knitting. Did you see what was under the movie? It's the Good and Plenty Shawl!






I started it last night and it's going very, very quickly. I'm actually going to keep this shawl for me. The first thing I've kept! Here's a close up:






Speaking of giving my knitting away. I'm meeting with the founder of Warm The World on Saturday. I'm going to give her my scarves and blankets and she'll give me yarn to knit more. I'm so excited!! If you've been looking for a charity, check them out . I've also added a link to them in my sidebar.



The Shepherds have been very hyper today. This is what I'm dealing with:










Kishka is just staying out of their way!


Thank you to Janet for her kind words on my blog. I’m doing my shawl in the same diagonal pattern as the Jolly Green blanket and I’m using Homespun. Janet, you can finish your diagonal blanket! :)

2 comment(s):

I sooo remember Top Gun - just looking at that video cover makes me realize that Tommy hasnt really aged. I have certainly not done so well since that movie first came out! :) Love the G & P shawl~

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 24, 2005 3:37 PM  

Is that Homespun, the G&P shawl? I really like it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 30, 2005 9:01 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home