Runs With Needles: Hanging on for the weekend.

Runs With Needles

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Hanging on for the weekend.

If it's Thursday, it must be TV night. I worked on the Jolly Green Blanket tonight and it's almost done!



I really should have used at least one more skein of yarn. Oh, well. I'll add it to my preemie blanket pile.

Once I finish this blanket I will probably cast on for my shawl. :)

I was watching the late news tonight and noticed that it must have been Funky Tie Day at the station:





I enjoy seeing unique ties. The boring news anchor uniform gets old fast.

I've shown Kishka on this blog many times. What I haven't told you is that Kishka is a whore. A belly rub whore. I just looked in her direction tonight and she did this:



Of course, I got up off the couch and walked across the room to rub her belly. I can't resist those brown eyes. She has me wrapped around her little paw and takes advantage of it at every opportunity.

I made a decision today. Actually, I set a goal for a decision I made a while ago. My goal is that on January 1, 2006, I will greet the new year in a different house. I decided to sell my current house a few months ago, but have decided to kick it into gear and make it happen. Since I know nothing about buying or selling a house (I bought this house with my ex-husband and he did most of the work), this summer is going to be study time for me. I'm going to research the ins and out of buying, selling and mortgages and when summer turns to fall, will embark on the search for my house. Just mine. For me. Well, and the critters. I'm really exicted. Scared as hell, but excited. :)

3 comment(s):

I used to have a dog that would drop to the floor for a belly rub every time you went near her. Izzy (our current dog) loves having the top of her head scratched and will keep butting your hand if you stop scratching.

Congratulations and good luck on your house search! How exciting to be looking for a new place to live!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 22, 2005 11:43 AM  

Kishka - too cute. Who can resist dog belly? :) I was actually studying for my real estate license a few years ago (no comment on my lazy self please) and I probably have some books about the whole deal if you are interested. Would help with the laws and yada yada. Might even save you getting a agent. Lemme know and I'll start digging for them this weekend. No charge of course and you can just send em' back when you're done...in 2006!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 22, 2005 8:46 PM  

Maverick sometimes likes his belly rubbed but he will sit still forever to get his hair brushed.

For selling info on your house check out the troubleshooter.com, there are references for people who will not rip you off.

Good luck!
Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 23, 2005 9:40 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home