Runs With Needles: Knitting, interrupted.

Runs With Needles

Monday, April 18, 2005

Knitting, interrupted.

I left my house at 6:30 this morning. I returned home at 8:30pm. That's just too damn long of a day. The dogs were dancing when I got home. There were no messes in the house, though. Those dogs have bladders of steel.

I'd like to thank Jane and The Fearless Knitter for their unraveling tips. I appreciate you ladies taking the time to offer advice. I will be following your advice as soon as I find some patience. :)

Rebecca has asked for the pattern to my Crayola blanket. I had to go look at the blanket because I just made this up as I went along.
  • Cast on stitches in multiples of five. Cast on until blanket is as wide as you want it.
  • Knit five, place marker. Purl five, place marker. Continue to end of row.
  • Knit the knits and purl the purls until blanket is as long as you like.
I've using size 17 circular needles and Red Heart Grande yarn for my blanket.

My knitting lately has been on the Jolly Green Blanket. I've begun decreasing and hope to finish it this week. I'm tossing around a shawl idea in my head, too, so I plan to start that by this weekend.

3 comment(s):

woohoo!!! Thanks so much for the pattern to the crayola blanket...did I tell you how much I love it???? LOL!!!
This is a keeper!! Thanks again!!!

rebecca

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 19, 2005 7:40 AM  

thanks for the pattern, I will have to try it out!

Maverick has a bladder of steel too, I swear the boy can hold it an entire day!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 19, 2005 10:42 AM  

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It helps to see that people do read it from time to time. I see that you're making a blanket out of Bernat's cotton/acrylic blend. It's a great yarn; I made a hat and scarf out of it last year, (the pattern that's on the label) but I gave it to my mom in exchange for five fat skeins of reclaimed cashmere.

And I didn't feel the least bit guilty.

-Jess

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 20, 2005 6:57 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home