Runs With Needles: Friday is for feasting. And this week: an FO!

Runs With Needles

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Friday is for feasting. And this week: an FO!

As always, I'm feasting on Friday:

Appetizer
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how intuitive do you think you are?

7
My gut reaction to people and situations is usually very accurate. My problem is learning to listen to my gut.

Soup
What is your favorite kind of gum?

Extra. And now they have Watermelon flavor!

Salad
Name a CD you own that you would never get rid of.

The soundtrack to Somewhere In Time. This is my favorite music in the world. I fall asleep to this CD almost every night.

Main Course
When was the last time you said something you didn't mean?

Today at work and that's all the detail I'll give.

Dessert
What is the sum of the numbers in your birthdate? (Example: 3 + 2 + 1 + 9 + 7 + 9 = 31)

27


Finally, Pinwheel is done!!

FO pinwheel

What: Pinwheel Blanket
Yarn: 2.5 skeins TLC Essentials in the color Citrus
Needles: 8
Pattern: Pinwheel Blanket
Lesson Learned: I really enjoyed knitting this blanket. It became a bit tedious near the end, but I will definitely be making more Pinwheels!
Destination: Warm The World


The yarn is doing something funky with this blanket. It's not spreading out as it should. I'm hoping a trip through the washing machine will help, even though it's acrylic.

The toys around here got quite a workout tonight:

Kish and Max chewing


I may be biased, but this is one of the cutest faces I've ever seen:

Kish

6 comment(s):

I'm sure that some blocking will help the blanket. And yes, that face is indeed adorable.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 10, 2006 6:47 AM  

I really love the colors in Pinwheel! &Nice job!

You know, your dogs are the best. I keep trying to convince Rock Star that we need more, more, more.

(thanks for passing along that link in your last post - Carman's column is very well said).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 10, 2006 7:31 AM  

I like Pinwheel! (And Kishka.)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 10, 2006 1:21 PM  

Oh I agreee, that's a lovely doggy face. I also have that problem when trying to knit something flat. It comes from knitting too tight.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 10, 2006 9:38 PM  

The pinwheel looks wonderful all completed! It really is a neat pattern!

Ruinwen
:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 11, 2006 8:18 AM  

Glad to see someone actually have done the pinwheel pattern. I've been eyeing it for a while. Do post and let us know how it turns out after going through the washer.
Knit on!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 11, 2006 5:44 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home