Runs With Needles: What I did on my summer vacation

Runs With Needles

Monday, July 04, 2005

What I did on my summer vacation

My parents and I transformed my deck from this:



to this:



Since the weather wasn't cooperating (very hot during the day followed by thunderstorms), this project took us the whole week to do. We had a lot of fun and are quite proud of our handywork.

After my parents left, I did this to my living room:



and to the bedroom:



I'm very proud of my ceiling fan installation. I wasn't sure I could do it, but decided to just go for it and I was successful!!

Today, I'm replacing window screens in my house. Why must I do this? Because of her:



Adorable, isn't she? It's because of that precious bundle of fur that my bedroom windows look like this:



Yes, those are baby gates in the windows. I have to do that or Kishka will jump out the window when she sees something interesting. Both of those screens are shredded, so I'll be replacing them today.


I frogged the Summer Somthin' Project last night. I don't know what I'll use the yarn for now, perhaps a blanket.

At some point today I hope to take knitting pictures. I have lots of progress to report!

2 comment(s):

Your deck looks great! So do the ceiling fans. Sorry the weather was bad.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 04, 2005 12:49 PM  

Kishka looks like our Nakeeta... Pain in the rump she is but we love her! She has mangled a few screens of her as well.... I thought their behavior would settle down as they got older... Ha! She had me fooled! Your deck looks great by the way!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 05, 2005 7:17 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home