Runs With Needles: Blocking and stashing.

Runs With Needles

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Blocking and stashing.

This morning at work a co-worker of mine stepped outside and saw a heart shaped cloud. Luckily, he had his camera phone with him and snapped this picture:


Here is a close up of the cloud:


A heart shaped cloud on Valentine's Day.....what are the odds? :)

J's pastel baby blanket is off the needles and is blocking at this very moment! (Pictures to come tomorrow.) I was very excited to finish this project and am very pleased with how it turned out.

Tomorrow I hope to work more on the purple blanket. For some reason, P's green blanket just isn't calling to me lately. I don't know why, but I'm just uninspired.

I may start another project tomorrow, too. Tonight I sketched out the color pattern for another blanket:

It's very basic, but I think it will look nice.

My stash grew today. :) I swung by Wally World to get some bread and milk and what do you know.........my feet walked over to the yarn. However, I was just looking.

Here's what I brought home:
2 more skeins of Baby Clouds to accent yarn I already have:


And four skeins of super soft yarn:

I am not a red person, but I love this shade of red. It's called "Autumn Red" and is just beautiful. I'm going to pair it with a deep navy blue. I don't know when I'll start this project, I'm still thinking about it.

I'd like to say thank you to Kitt for her encouragement in regards to my purling. Once I find some patience, I'll give it another try. :) Also, thank you for the tip on untwisting my circular needles. I have added Kitt's blog to my sidebar. I've actually been reading it for a few days now. Kudos to her for her breast cancer awareness skin.

The other blog I'll highlight today is Cheap Knitter. A knitter after my own heart! It's not about the fancy yarn you use, it's about the experience!

I'm taking tomorrow off from work, so I will be knitting! I'm tossing around a couple different blanket ideas in my head, so we'll see what appears on the needles tomorrow.



2 comment(s):

Thanks for the highlight. I love Simply Soft. Of all the acrylic yarns, it's the one that's truly warm and soft (and still not pricey). Its only drawback is that it's not machine washable (they say it is, but it PILLS a lot). Your colors look great together. What will you do with them?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 15, 2005 3:00 PM  

The heart shaped cloud was the highlight of my day. (Browsing and came across your blog. Since I have always been a miserable failure at knitting, I won't become a regular reader. But thank you ever so much for the heart shaped cloud.)

I can be found at: http://www.livejournal.com/users/newsbean/

Thank you again.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 15, 2005 11:40 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home