Runs With Needles: Drumroll, please.....

Runs With Needles

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Drumroll, please.....

Log Cabin Blanket


What: My first Log Cabin blanket
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease, more details below
Needles: 8
Pattern: Inspired by Mason Dixon Knitting.
Lesson Learned: None. I adore this method of making blankets.
Destination: Warm The World.

From corner to corner, the blanket is 50.5”.

I used the following colors of Cotton Ease: Banana Cream, Popsical [sic] Blue, Pineapple, Sugarplum, Blueberry, Cherry Red, Pistachio, Orangeade, Candy Blue, and Bubble Gum.

I started with one skein of each color and had this much left over:

left over yarn

I’m very happy with how this blanket turned out. Even though it got a bit tedious near the end, I loved knitting it.

The Shepherds are a bit tougher to impress:

Sleeping Sam

Max

Last night it was stormy and I snapped this shot out the back door:

Beginnings of a double rainbow

10 comment(s):

The Log Cabin is Gorgeous!!!
Love it!! We must start a letter writing campaign to LionBrand to keep making Cotton Ease!!

Lovely rainbows!

Cute puppies!

By Blogger MJ, at August 27, 2006 7:02 PM  

Its beautiful. It really inspires me to do one myself. And I bet with cotton ease it feels real good!

By Blogger Ann, at August 27, 2006 7:24 PM  

Oh the blanket does look very lovely! and very cheerful =)

By Blogger Brandie, at August 27, 2006 10:17 PM  

Amazing blanket. The coloures are perfect!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 27, 2006 11:47 PM  

That looks fantastic!

By Blogger Anne, at August 28, 2006 6:23 AM  

Gorgeous blanket!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 28, 2006 7:28 AM  

Wow! That's gorgeous....goes so nicely with the rainbow sky! That's done with Cotton Ease?
(((hugs)))

By Blogger Nana Sadie, at August 28, 2006 7:58 AM  

Nice blanket!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 28, 2006 10:27 AM  

Beautiful blanket!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 29, 2006 6:18 AM  

WOW!!!! Now that's what I call some serious patience! Breathtaking!!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 31, 2006 4:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home