Runs With Needles: I'm just not that into you.

Runs With Needles

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm just not that into you.

Like many knitters, I was entranced when I discovered the Mason Dixon book . This was a surprise to me because the Mason Dixon blog has never held my interest.

The book, however, is another story. I love the photography and the patterns, while quite simple, charmed me. I immediately cast on two Log Cabin blankets and fell in love with the mindless garter stitch and oodles of color possibilities.

I expected to have a similar reaction to the warshrag. With great anticipation (and a nice stash of cotton within my reach), I cast on for my first warshrag a week ago.

Tonight, I looked at the warshrag

square 5

and admitted that I'm just not that into this pattern.

I can't even pinpoint the reason. The pattern is interesting, yet simple, and has an endless array of color options. However, I've been knitting it for a week and am not even halfway finished. My four other squares for Samantha have been completed in two days or less. At this rate, the little warshrag won't be finished until Thanksgiving.

I'm going to finish it, send it off to Samantha and then move on to something else. Perhaps I'll discover the charm of this pattern in the future, but for now it's just not for me.

The dogs look pretty bored, too.

Max

Kishka

3 comment(s):

If we all liked the same patterns, it would be pretty boring, I think! So move on! Do something you love...you're a blanket gal, anyway!
(((hugs)))

By Blogger Nana Sadie, at August 23, 2006 7:03 AM  

I really like the colors in your washrag! Neat pattern too!

Ruinwen
:)

By Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle, at August 24, 2006 3:41 AM  

Ugh -- blogger! I've been trying to comment here since yesterday, but blogger is a pain in the arse.

That square will look awesome on the blanket. :)

By Blogger Samantha, at August 24, 2006 9:18 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home